Sunday, August 18, 2019

The joys of discovery on Google

Once in a while, I Google-search for new books by my favorite authors and on rare occasions I come across a new book. Today I hit the jackpot and found not one, not two but three!

1)A new book in the Arkady Renko series by Martin Cruz Smith which will be out in November 2019 i.e. "The Siberian dilemma". ( I am fascinated by crime fiction set in Russia and Arkady Renko is one of my favorite crime fighting fictional characters)

2) I enjoyed the Lisbeth Salander series and discovered that not one but TWO  new books are out this year. One is a graphic novel (first time a graphic novel in the Lisbeth Salander series I think) called "The girl who danced with death" published on January 29, 2019. (NOT available in Toronto Public library)

3) The novel in the Lisbeth Salander series which will be out on 22 August 2019 is "The girl who lived twice".

I am feeling so pleased...waiting with a pleasant euphoria for the books to reach me!
                                                           ><><><><><><><><><><

Two weeks ago, I was going through a dry spell (both for crime novels and Netflix shows). Browsing through my collection, I discovered an untapped treasure at home. I came across a book by Lawrence Sanders which I had started (years ago) but not read as I didn't like it (then). I tried this book again and found that I really enjoyed it! It's  The tenth commandant featuring Joshua Biggs. I have enjoyed and liked many but not all of Sanders books in the past and it was such a wonderful experience coming across a book of his which I had not read before and enjoying it for the first time, now.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...