Sunday, July 7, 2019

Edward Garden, Toronto: Stone sculptures from Zimbabwe

Today, July 7, 2019 went for an early morning walk in this garden. Sad to discover that one has to pay parking fees even as early as  6am!( at 2.5 per hour a minimum of 75-00$ per month if I wanted to walk or exercise here daily!)

There was an outdoor sculpture show (and the sculptures were for sale and had prices marked; they are in the 3000-00 and above range) in the garden. The figures were lovely modern (and traditional too) and stylized pieces in stone, carved by artists from Zimbabwe. I randomly chose to  walk in Edward garden today and  got to see these lovely pieces spread out among the plants and trees. (It's nicer and different than seeing them in museum settings) You may miss a few sculptures if you don't explore all the paths, around the exhibition. I thought I had seen all at first. Then as I started leaving I saw one more, followed the path and found a few more and then as I explored other paths found several more of these sculptures!
If you have a garden and money, you should consider these sculptures. All your neighbours will have the usual statues of Buddha, frogs and toadstools in their gardens. You can have something different!

The exhibition is on for some more time and worth a visit.
Here are a few photos from today's walk.











 I think this was labelled cormorants and that is how they look








 Above sculpture is three dimensional but less three dimensional than others if you know what I mean...

Being a cat owner, I loved this cat above.











 It's bees on top of the heads of two ladies














 I took this tall bird above from different angles and guess what? It's eye seemed to be following me!


 I loved this bathing lady!

 I liked this fish thing a lot!

















No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...