Monday, July 15, 2019

July 12, 2019 Hike at Rattlesnake point and Crawford Lake in Milton


Took a 9 km hike at Rattlesnake point at Milton, an hour's drive from Toronto. It's 7 $ per person to get into this conservation park. The hike was of medium difficulty with an uphill route, rocky and covered with roots in many places. It was a great day for a hike...not hot, not humid and not many  bugs. I think every set of people walking overtook us! And a few of them  seemed older than 70! I saw a couple of guys who were running so fast (on that uneven terrain, where I was carefully watching each step I took!), they disappeared in the twinkling of an eye! I also saw a lone, sweaty  jogger. God these people do push their bodies to the limit!


Below : adventurous rock climbers..some were kids about ten years old!



Metal art work: a monarch butterfly near Crawford lake



 above a howling wolf carved in wood


 Interesting seats for visitors...with animals carved on the seats!








Below: a dash of red in a sea of green

 Above and below: Crawford Lake. Saw a large turtle, covered with algae, swimming slowly in this lake! When it came to the edge I took a while to spot it.  It stayed still, among the algae covered rocks.  I could spot him only because his black pointy tail was not covered with algae and he moved the slightest bit.
Hiked 9 km yesterday, but I don't think I have lost a single gram of weight. Damn!
Picnic lunch of dosa & chutney near the lake before the return trek of 4.5km.
Rattlesnake point is definitely worth a visit for those who want to hike or rock climb. Not too far from Toronto and one can camp here too.

2 comments:

Rums said...

Beautiful pics. I remember going there couple of years ago. but after seeing your pics I feel like going again :)

Indian Curry said...

Thanks Ramya!
Regards
B

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...