Saturday, September 22, 2018

MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART, TORONTO ,CANADA. Sept 22, 2018









Science displayed in an artistic pattern...above, I think it's culture of microbes...medical plates




The two above are an artform new to me...thread work and paint on fabric which has also been sort of inflated making it three dimensional




The three on top are by one artist. He's used newspapers and art material.




I wish they had used something other than the green paper to glue their art work to the wall!





































This museum was either opened or reopened today. Free entry! (or else, it's 10-00$ for adults).
I spend about an hour inside. Nice works. My only critical comment is that a few of the works did not feel 'contemporary'. 

Other things in the area: After the museum, we had lunch at Al Pastor (Mexican) in 'The junction'. Roamed around in this lovely area which has a relaxed ambience, restaurants and antique shops. 
The junction always reminds me of a day I had spent at Brooklyn in NYC...Brooklyn had a similar relaxed charm about it with people ambling slowly by chatting & shopping. It's unlike the crowded and busy Manhattan....which has a different charm.

We enjoyed (free!) a plate of  boiled sweet potato with a whole lot of relishes at The Sweet Potato. Explored the Value Village in the area but didn't buy anything...though tempted to buy so many containers! I am such a hoarder and not buying is my attempt to avoid hoarding(What's already at home, I can't throw).

My husband who's latest hobby is woodwork bought a pound of beeswax(13-00$) at the beeshop near value village. This is really inexpensive!

All in all, a nice relaxing day. Last but not the least, I love the drive through Bloor street...enjoying the shops and people.


No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...