Saturday, December 29, 2018

Art on walls around Parque Las Palapas in Cancun, Mexico

 Walked around this lovely area the first and last day of our stay in Cancun. Had great and cheap food here, saw nice parks. Here are the wall art in this area. 
I am an obsessive photographer and I don't try to leave out the ordinary or average art but capture them all...I feel uncomfortable if I leave out even one!



Above is  art with actual garbage on the wall


This artist kindly permitted me to photograph him doing his amazing work. 
















The building which had these parrots reminded me of south Indian temples...the windows, color of the building, the overall effect was of colorful south Indian temples I have seen in Karnataka rural areas...not the old ones but new.







Lots of sea-life in art around Cancun...



The above art asks us to give up palm oil as it's destroying birds of paradise. I felt bad about this as I use palm oil. 











 The above was not on a wall...it's a large canvas in the park




















I did not expect Ganapathi in Cancun!



 I loved the colors in the fish above.






The above art reminded me of the 'idealized village scenes' in Indian art . I like it but also feel a bit embarrassed that I  like  kitschy!




















No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...