Thursday, March 21, 2019

March 21, 2019: Happiness is ...spending a cloudy working day at home...

Now it's 10.30am, March 21, 2019...I have taken the day off from work (Religious holiday...Holi). I am studying today.
At this very minute, as I am typing this, I am on a study break from my psychology exam...
Thanks to the absence of brilliant cognitive functioning, studying has always been an arduous task for me. But today I am enjoying as I am reading something fun...cases studies dealing with ethics.

During this break, I am typing this to record the sense of peace I am feeling now. I want to record it as these moments are quite rare. I am not generally unhappy or depressed but neither do I  have frequent moments of this sense of peace and well being.

I am alone at home. (Husband is at work) The cat's fast asleep at my feet. As I look outside, the bedroom window the skies are grey. It's one degree celsius.  I am warm in bed, with a sweater on  and tucked under a duvet.
 It's quiet. I love this silence! Especially because it's so rare! My husband is such a chatterbox and  a youtube addict and music lover....which makes for continuous noise at home when he's around.  Since we both leave to work and arrive together, we are always together and so ...no silence at home.

For breakfast I am having  leftover Kombucha(gingerade) from costco with leftover Ruffles potato chips (Husband buys chips but does not finish them. I have poured the  leftovers from many packets into a bowl now) and bitter gourd chips (Udupi chips). It's heavenly to take a sip of Kombucha after a few ruffles chips in mouth!

Going back to my studies now. 
Hope to have lots of these moments of silent peace in future.
My mind is blank...no thoughts of the exam, my family and their problems, my friends or the political situation or anything. 

Nirvana today  is .... me, the silence, the grey sky, blank mind, kombucha and chips!

Back to study now!

I believe I am so fond of silence these days as I am trying to study...I simply cannot concentrate with noise around me. 
Silence was not such a big deal for me before. Once I finish this damn exam, I may not cherish silence as much as I do now.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...