Sunday, April 14, 2019

East Don Parkland, 1240, Sheppard Avenue

I have visited Ikea at North York and visited other nearby places for over 15 years but only yesterday (13, April, 2019) discovered that there is a nice park trail (with car parking) close by!
It is the East Don Parkland, at 1240 Sheppard Avenue East.  The Don river flows inside...more than one stream. There are nice marshlands, an uphill walk, lots of trees, cycling trails, benches to rest, a tennis court and other places, we did not explore.
I am forever grateful at the nature's bounty in Toronto. I feel so thankful, lucky and privileged to live in a city with so many rivers flowing in it, a huge oceanic lake at one end, loads of trees and wildlife scattered over this modern urban city. Coming from a country where the corrupt politicians and ever-increasing population are decimating wild-life, trees, plants, the very earth itself with ugly buildings, I appreciate Toronto much more than the locals, who probably take it for granted.
Here are a few photos.











No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...