Thursday, March 22, 2012

MY FAVORITES AND SOURCES OF HAPPINESS

  • GOOSEBUMP GIVING FAVORITES:

  • BUMPING INTO THE PERSON YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON, ON THE STREET !
  • YOUR CRUSH GIVING YOU A COMPLIMENT!
  • KNOWING THAT YOUR CRUSH HAS A CRUSH ON YOU!

  • EATING FAVORITES:
  • EATING A FAVORITE DISH WHEN I AM REALLY REALLY HUNGRY.
  •  INDIAN SWEETS.
  • VOBATTU
  • MISHRA PEDA/DHARWAD PEDA
  • SALTED BOILED PEANUTS AND BOILED AVAREKAI.
  •  BAS SAARU WITH MUDDE.
  • HOT RICE WITH CHUTNEY PUDI(MY RECIPE CHUTNEYPUDI) AND GHEE
  •  VOBBATINA SAARU.
  • CHAPATI WITH HURALIKAALU HULI.
  • VIDHYARTI BHAVAN MASALA DOSA AND CHUTNEY.
  • KOKILA’S MUTTON BIRYANI.
  • IS-KID-BE-LE SARU WITH MUDDE AND TUPPA
  • DWARKA BHAVAN'S SET DOSE
  • HAVING LOTS OF HOT SPICY FOOD WITH COLD BEER ON A HOT DAY AFTER A LONG WALK AND THEN GOING TO SLEEP.
  • DRINKING
  • CHAMPANGE.
  • SAPOTA AND CUSTARD APPLE MILKSHAKES.
  •  MANGO AND BANANA MILKSHAKES.
  • TENDER WATER OF COCONUT.
  • MOJITOS ON A HOT DAY.
  • PERFUMES AND AROMAS AND SCENTS:
  • SMELL OF RAIN ON EARTH.
  • SMELL OF FLOWERS SUCH AS JASMINE OR SAMPIGE AND HERBAL PLANTS  SUCH AS MARGA IN THE GARDEN.
  • SMELL OF LOVELY PERFUMES, SOME FOODS, SMELL OF SPRING
  • A CLEAN NON-SMELLY TOILET IS SOMETHING I TAKE FOR GRANTED IN CANADA WHERE I LIVE. BUT IN INDIA, A CLEAN NON-SMELLY TOILET WAS WONDER WHICH MADE ME HAPPY AND GRATEFUL AND SLIGHTLY SAD WHEN I HAD 'FINISHED' AND HAD TO EXIT!
FAVORITE COLOURS:
 RED
EMERALD GREEN
MUSTARD YELLOW.
TURQUOISE BLUE

VISUAL AND AUDITORY PLEASURES:
  • LISTENING TO FAVORITE SONGS.
  • WATCHING VIDEOS OF MY FAVORITE SONGS ON MTV/VEVO.
  • WATCHING FAVORITE MOVIES AND TELEVISION SHOWS
  • AN EXCITING OR FUNNY MOVIE IN A THEATRE
  • WHEN A RARELY HEARD FAVORITE SONG COMES ON RADIO UNEXPECTEDLY.
  • WATCHING PEOPLE DANCE.
  • WATCHING A GOOD SINGER SING A FAVORITE AT YOUR REQUEST.
  • A PLEASURE I TAKE FOR GRANTED IN CANADA IS THE PLEASURE OF 'NOT-BEING-FORCED-TO-HEAR-CARNATIC-CLASSICAL-MUSIC! In India, I was forced to listen to Carnatic classical and devotional songs which poured into my unwilling ears from the speakers on the street and neighbour's radios.
  •  SILENCE is a wonderful pleasure I get in Canada. 
  • The SOUNDS OF NATURE are sometimes quite enjoyable such as the wind, breeze rustling through the leaves, some birds, etc
BODILY PLEASURES:
  • BOUNCING IN YOUR SEAT ON A  BUS WHILE RIDING ON A BUMPY ROAD DURING A LONG RIDE.
  • RIDES SUCH AS GIANT WHEEL, ETC
  • FEELING THE COOL BREEZE ON YOUR SKIN AS YOU SIT UNDER A TREE TO COOL OFF AFTER A LONG TREK ON A HOT DAY.
  • GETTING INTO A NICE BED AFTER A TIRING DAY
  • FINDING A CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, NON-SMELLY TOILET WHEN I URGENTLY WANT TO PEE ! FEW 'RELIEFS' CAN BEAT THE RELIEF ONE GETS AFTER HOLDING THE URINE FOR 8 HOURS ON A BUS JOURNEY OR WALKING AROUND IN A PLACE WITHOUT ACCESSIBLE AND GOOD  TOILETS!
  • NOT HAVING PERIODS.
  • SCRATCHING AN ITCH.
  • GETTING A MASSAGE TO RELIEVE A PAINFUL ACHE
  • S & RELATED STUFF
  • RIDING A CAR, WATCHING THE SCENERY AND DROPPING OFF TO SLEEP AS THE WARM SUN-RAYS COME THROUGH THE GLASS .
  • There are several experiences I fail to 'ENJOY', simply because I experience them on a daily basis and also effortlessly ...I take these experiences for granted and don't 'notice' them, until they are missing.  If I did 'MINDFUL' everything, then I would notice, I would take pleasure and I would be grateful, almost every minute of the day for the thousands of things! For example, cleaning my arse with water in my bathroom.  The pleasure(or should I call it 'absence of pain' of cleaning bum with a soft toilet paper is a nice experience. But I would realize it's a 'nice' experience only if I have had the 'pain' of cleaning my bum with a cheap, rough textured toilet paper.  An even greater 'pleasure' would be washing bum with water after the toilet paper. I have access to water only at home and not in public places. I would feel 'pleasure' of washing my bum with water only when I have experienced  the 'absence of pleasure' of wiping my bum with 'rough' toilet paper  and not having water to wash my bum.
  • If I did every activity of my day, 'mindfully', then I would notice and enjoy almost every second of my day as an enjoyable favorite...eating, sleeping, reading, talking, working, playing, walking, cooking, whatever.

PLEASURES WITH PEOPLE:
  • WATCHING A TODDLER WALK OR CRAWL OR PLAY.
  • VISITING YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
  •  CHATTING.
  • FINDING THAT STRANGER ON THE BUS WHO SHARES YOUR ATTITUDES AND GETS YOU PERFECTLY.
  • SLEEPOVER AT FAVORITE COUSINS HOUSE.
  • A GOOD STORY TELLER TELLING SCARY STORIES AT BED-TIME.
  • RETURNING HOME, TIRED AFTER A TOUGH DAY.. TO FIND THE COOKING AND CLEANINNG ALREADY DONE BY SPOUSE!
  • GETTING GIFTS...FROM PEOPLE YOU LOVE
  • GETTING GIFTS...WHICH ARE EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED!

JOYS OF PETS AND CHILDREN AND PEOPLE:
YOUR DOG JOYFULLY JUMPS ALL OVER YOU, LICKS YOU, WAGS AND BARKS WHEN YOU ARRIVE HOME.
YOUR FAMILY'S KIDS (NEICES AND NEPHEWS) COME RUNNING TO HUG YOU WHEN YOU ARRIVE
PLAYING WITH PETS
PLAYING WITH KIDS...WHEN YOU WANT TO


PLEASURES YOU ENJOY ALONE OR IN COMPANY:
  • WRITING WHEN IDEAS ARE FLOWING IN MY BRAIN.
  • READING FAVORITE STORY BOOKS & COMICS
  • DAYDREAMING .ESPECIALLY WHEN I GET  A NEW GOOD IDEA TO DREAM ABOUT !
  • FINDING SOMETHING YOUR LOVED ONES CRAVE FOR AND PRESENTING IT TO THEM AND WATCHING THEIR JOY
  • WATCHING PLEASANT ANIMAL AND BABY VIDEOS ON THE INTERNET!
  • SLEEPING LATE.
  • YOU FEEL YOU ARE 'LOOKING GOOD' AND FEELING COMFORTABLE IN YOUR CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES.
  • BEING HAPPY WITH YOUR NEW HAIRCUT
  • LOOKING AT YOUR PHOTO AND FEEL THAT YOU LOOK GOOD IN IT
  • GETTING GOOD NEWS LIKE: YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES GOT A PASS IN EXAMS, JOB OFFER,  VISA, GOT TICKET TO MOVIE, SOMEONE YOU LOVE IS VISITING, 
  • FINDING A FAVORITE MISSING OBJECT.
  • BROWSING IN USED BOOK STORES AND AN ADDITIONAL PLEASURE WOULD BE FINDING AN UNEXPECTED TREASURE
  • BROWSING IN THRIFT SHOPS & GARAGE SALES; AND A BONUS WOULD BE FINDING SOMETHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED.
  • BROWSING IN BOOK STORES.
  • WINDOW SHOPPING AT DESIGNER SHOPS .
  • LOOKING AT YOUR OWN COLLECTION OF OLD COINS. STAMPS. ANTIQUES.
  • BUYING NEW CLOTHES;THAT RARE OCCASIONS WHEN THE CLOTHES FIT YOU PERFECTLY, YOU LOVEE THE COLOUR, THE MATERIAL, THE DESIGN AND PRICE!
  • TRAVELLING TO NEW YORK OR BEACHES OR FAVORITE CITIES .
  • TREASURE HUNTING FOR REAL TREASURE.
  • WALKING ON BEACHES IN THE EVENINGS.(Beaches are not really my thing but I am putting it here anyway! I can spend happier hours in bed, reading or watching TV!)
  • FINDING ABANDONED BIRDS NESTS .
  • PHOTOGRAPHING.
  • WAITING FOR YOUR LOVED ONES EMAILS & LETTERS.  
  • WAITING FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND TO ARRIVE.
  • SITTING UNDER A TREE IN A FOREST, IN PRIVACY, READING.
  • RETURNING HOME FROM WORK ON FRIDAY EVENINGS  BEFORE A LONG WEEKEND.
  • SEEING ART WORK IN MUSEUMS.  
  • FINDING SOMETHING LOVELY UNEXPECTEDLY.
  • RECEIVING A LOVELY HAND MADE GIFT FROM A CLOSE FRIEND LIKE A PAINTING.
  • SPOTTING ELUSIVE WILD LIFE SUCH AS SNAKES, FOXES, RARE BIRDS SUCH AS PARADISE FLY CATCHER, COLOURFUL FROGS, WILD ANIMALS SUCH AS DEER. AN ADDED BONUS WOULD BE, BEING ABLE TO PHOTOGRAPH THEM.
  • WATCHING MY CAT'S VARIOUS ANTICS! MY CAT THROWING TEMPER TANTRUMS WHEN I DONT TKE IT OUTSIDE, MY CAT SITTING ON MY CHEST KNEADING, MY CAT CHASING AFTER A BALL I THROW, ETC.
After living for 50 years, I think I should be able to come up with a million more favorites which gave me joy, pleasure and happiness.

No comments: