Tuesday, November 3, 2015

CRIME FICTION SET IN VENICE/ITALY

Donna Leon's  is a lady who has written a series of crime fiction set in Venice, Italy and I have read the The golden egg. I enjoyed reading it. I was saddened to learn from this book the extent of corruption in Italy and the nepotism which makes it difficult for people to get jobs in government service, etc. The extent of corruption in the city of Venice made me feel  like this book was set in India!
The  crime novels by Donna Leon set in Venice are:

Death at La Fenice 1992
Death in a strange country 1993
The anonymous Venetian AKA Dressed for death 1994
A Venetian reckoning AKA Death & Judgement 1995
Acqua Alta AKA death in high water 1996
The death of faith AKA Quietly in their sleep 1997
A noble radiance 1997
Fatal remedies 1999
Friends in high places 2000



I plan to read other books in the series by this writer. The protoganist is a pleasant police officer with a nice family and reading about his family life makes me feel good!


No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...