Thursday, January 18, 2018

LUCK SMILED DOWN ON ME TODAY...TWICE!

I had to travel a long distance on the public transport system(TTC i.e. Toronto Transit Commission) today. I hopped off at the wrong stop(Kingston and Eglinton instead of Kingston and Highland Creek overpass) and I did not have a transfer(a ticket) to get back on another bus without paying again.
I considered walking the rest of the way, despite the cold. When I asked a kind passerby for directions, she told me  it was too far to walk and I should take a bus. 
I walked back to the bus-stop. I got on the next bus and  explained to the driver that I had got off  the bus at the wrong stop and that I did not have a transfer. Luckily, the driver let me on the bus and did not ask me to pay again! I am so grateful to him and I hope he has a really blessed life!
The next bit of good luck today : 
 I got off  at my stop...the right one this time. Feeling the cold wind, I searched for my gloves and found only one. I realized that I had lost the other one somewhere on the way and felt a bit sad. It was an expensive leather pair. I continued toward my destination and  after a two hour long meeting, I walked back to the bus-stand. On a hunch, I decided to check out the stop I had got off, in case I find my glove. And I did! It was lying on the  pavement exactly where I had got off!   I felt so thrilled to see it lying there un-trodden on by  feet, un-blown by the wind, un-taken by anyone!

These two pieces of good luck today has made me a happier and less grumpy person today! 
 I always liked and respected the TTC staff and now I appreciate their kindness even more. 

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...