Friday, February 8, 2019

My cat

 Above : my cat sleeping on quilt
 Wants to be cosy in the desk drawer







 Summertime, I take my cat out to the backyard...with my morning tea and evening coffee. It loves to bask in the sun, watch the birds and squirrels, eat the grass, sleep...
 In spring and fall, when it's too cold to step out, it sits in the mudroom/sun room and looks out the window...at Toronto wild-life (Squirrels mostly and sometimes racoons, skunks, cardinals, woodpeckers, finches and chipmunks) and falling leaves which seem like bird to him I think.
Half-awake, half-asleep, waiting for the cardinals, woodpeckers and squirrels.





 My neighbour's cat (above) roams freely in my backyard and this riles up my own cat who wants to chase him out of his territory! I always have my cat on a leash and  never let him in the backyard alone...
 Some of the best moments of summer days ...sitting in the backyard,  early morning or evenings when I return from work is when I sit in the backyard. Feeling the sun and wind on my skin. For company I have my  tea, a novel and my cat.


 I am pulling his leash to go back inside...but he turns his back on my and refuses. He cries, rolls over, bites me and finally has to be carried in. If I tug at the leash too hard, it slips off his body and he runs from me, refusing to get back inside! This is a daily ritual, morning and evening, in the summer months.



Giving company to someone working on his woodcarving hobby
 Above and below...exploring my neighbour's yard...boundaries are for humans.  But for animals, "All land is my land".


 Looking outside from the warmth of the bedroom windows, in winter months



My cat and the neighbour's cat checking each other out
















No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...