Monday, September 30, 2019

BHOGA NANDEESHWARA TEMPLE'S KALYANI (AT CHICKBALLAPUR, KARNATAKA, INDIA, at foot hills of Nandi hills)

I visited India for three weeks in September 2019. I visited the Bhoga Nandeeshwara temple at Chickballapur after visiting Ghati Subramanya at Doddaballapur about 60 km from Bangalore. 
I have never seen this temple before and impressed by the beauty of the carvings in the temple.
Below is the enormous Kalyani by the temple. There were turtles basking in the sun on the steps! even a baby one. 
I loved the quiet in this huge temple, the carvings on stone and wood (wood carvings were on the temple chariot). 




Below are photos of the deities around the Kalyani. These idols show that they are made of brick (you can see the brick exposed in the broken idols) and covered with mortar. They are old and broken and I am afraid these pictures taken by a simple camera, from below, with the sun against me, are not great photos. But . do want to share.
It is worth the drive from Bangalore to see this temple. If you leave Bangalore by car, by 6am, you can see both the Ghati Subramanya temple at Doddaballapur and this Bhoga Nandeeshwara temple at Chikballapur and be back in Bangalore before 3pm.  There are other temples and places you could explore too, if you are a history or temple architecture buff.
























No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...