Sunday, September 29, 2019

Weaver bird nests ...spotted when driving from Chickballapur to Bangalore



Above is a Jali Mara (Prosopis Juliflora) by a water body...weaver birds called Geejaga in Kannada (and Baya in Hindi) often build their nests on these thorny trees. and these thorny trees grow like  weeds,  in parts of Karnataka. These birds choose to nest only on the Jali maras growing near water-bodies...probably the water makes their nests inaccessible to people and other predators. 

























I was about 9 or 10 years old when I saw weaver bird nests for the first time in my life, when I walked with my uncle to his village from mine. (from Bhaktarahalli to Jadegondnahalli : Eeeranna betta is the mountain-hill between these two villages and it was a long walk, in the fields)I will never forget the magic of that moment! I was so struck by the exquisite beauty of these lovely nests swaying in the breeze. I had never ever seen something so beautiful in nature in my life, ever before! To this day, the weaver bird nests fill my heart with such joy, sense of magic, excitement and a sense of cosiness and peace. I simply cannot describe the amalgamation of emotions I feel when I see these nests. 
These nests, sea shells on the beach, colorful rocks, smooth rocks found on the beach are simply so magical and fill me with such a joy and delight. I am so grateful to God, that I have the capacity to experience such joy. Of all the things I do NOT want to ever lose, is the capacity to feel joy and excitement when I see these things.
I am already feeling a bit jaded and as if I am losing capacity to enjoy things which I enjoyed in the past. I am not so excited to read a book, or watch a TV show or a movie or buy new clothes. I would like to conk off before I lose the capacity to feel job and become completely jaded! There's no point in living if nothing gives one joy.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...