Thursday, February 20, 2020

I want to start the day with a good-news newspaper

Waking up, I start the day with coffee and the internet..the things I check online every morning are Toronto weather (I never checked the weather information in India!), Toronto star(newspaper), CNN, BBC news, msn.com, yahoo.com, facebook, my emails and my blog(how many readers today and from what parts of the globe and I look forward to finding the rarely occurring  event of receiving a comment from a reader).

 There is so much news today and though I read, I cannot recall the news by the time I am reading the next day's news, next morning! I am losing track of the time and place of most of the events I read about ...all news seems to merge into one floating, changing blob of mixed up information.
It's the bad news which stays long and clear in my memory than the neutral news i.e. information about politics, sports, science, etc. Why? Is  poor memory part of my aging or is it simply information overload in this day when we can get all the news from all over the world all the time ....

I wish someone creates a "Happy newspaper" with no negative news. Just videos of puppies and kittens and babies, funny u-tube videos, "Good" news from all over the world. I do not want to see, first thing in the morning,  news about death, murders, terrorism, accidents, wars and suicides. I want to start the day with a smile on my face..I want to see happy news from around the world as I sip my first cup of coffee. I can get to the bad news from the regular news channels later in the day.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...