Thursday, October 20, 2016

CRIME FICTION FROM LATVIA


Sidney Iwens-How dark the heavens-1400 days of Nazi terror-(not fiction)
Boris Kacel-Hell to redemption-a memoir of the Holocaust
R.Magnusholm-House of Cain- 2015
Henning Mankell-The dogs of Riga-2001
Gertrude Schneider-journey into terror-story of the Riga ghetto-1979 (not fiction)

The above are crime fiction from Latvia and the only one I have read is Henning Mankell's the dogs of Riga which I liked as I like the protagonist i.e. Kurt Wallander.


Jewish people's suffering seems to be the  theme in majority of the Latvian books... that is what I inferred when I read the synopsis and reviews of Latvian books on the net. The Russian and German atrocities against Latvians and Jews in particular are a theme in majority of the books.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...