Tuesday, November 14, 2017

FLOW: ONLINE GAME

Flow or free flow is a game where you connect matching colors with pipe to create a flow. 
A year or two ago, my husband played this game on IPad as I watched shows on Netflix. At the time, I was annoyed that he preferred Flow to the Netflix shows. 
 I did try Flow  a few times ... I tried Flow at the level he already was at and  but it seemed impossible to solve and I found it more annoying than interesting! I lost interest completely and stopped for a few months.

My comments to my husband at the time  was "If our plumber put pipes like this, we would be spending a fortune on our pipes". My brain simply could not put on hold the  fact that pipes should be direct and short! I knew this is only a game but my 'need' to be practical and  economical cannot be suspended even during a game
 More than a year later,  I started playing the beginner games on Flow which were easy. I soon learned to play and enjoyed this game...  till I hit the difficult ones.I remember telling my husband this sentence at least ten times over many seemingly unsolvable games.  "There is some error in this game. It can never be completed. We have to email this company and ask them to rectify this error". My husband would solve it and I gradually accepted that there were no mistakes; Every single game  can be solved, even if I can't solve it! Each time I could not solve one, I would hand the IPad to my husband  and asked him to solve. I could not give up the puzzle and  go do my chores. I would be feeling bugged until it was solved! 
Soon I reached a stage when instead of netflix, my last activity before going to bed was Flow. I would continue to play flow until I fell asleep. I found some puzzles so difficult that I would take month or more of trying to solve...especially in the extreme pack.  It is this pack which gave me the most enjoyment..it was not so easy or so difficult that I lost interest. It was just right for me .. challenging enough to keep me persevering until I solved it.

I am proud to say that yesterday(Nov 2017) I finished the first of the two extreme packs which  I really really really enjoyed. I did get stuck on some puzzles for more than a month  but I finally solved them all...without husband's help! 
Initially it was frustrating to find that I cannot   skip the unsolved one and move on to the next...the next puzzle does not open until you have solved the previous puzzle.

I am now in the second of the extreme packs.
I cannot explain how I solve the problems; but I do solve it...trial and error method I suppose. After solving so many, now I solve with lesser number of trials, in lesser time, and experience  lesser  perplexity. And I no longer feel the 'slightest bit' frustrated by the seemingly unsolvable ones... I simply persist, repeatedly trying until I get it!
Has my ADHD frontal lobe become mature in  it's 50s? Research has found that the ADHD brain takes longer to 'mature' and maybe that is what is happening to me!

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...