Thursday, November 2, 2017

GINKO TREE

I have loved the Ginko trees of Toronto since I first saw their lovely yellow fan shaped leaves in autumn. Most Ginko trees I saw were small i.e. about 20 feet tall (or less) and the branches, if you can call them that were less than 6 feet long.

Today (Nov 2 2017)I saw this huge Ginko, unlike all the other Ginkos I been seeing till now. It was at the intersection of St. George street and College, in the University of Toronto premises. And for the first time, I saw fruits in this tree, and some fruits had fallen under too. I have never ever seen the small Ginko trees with fruit. 

I have been wanting to buy 3 Ginko saplings to plant at the bottom of my garden but they cost 45-00$ per tree! So I have put off buying them.

Today I picked three Ginko fruit, with a seed in each. I am hoping to Google  the right time, the right soil, etc  to plant these seeds.  I hope to grow my Ginko trees from seed!
Let's see if I succeed.

By the way, the Ginko fruit stinks! I had to wash my hands when I got back to work to get rid of that awful rotten smell!

Below is the St. George street and College street intersection, north west side.






Below is the tree with leaves, turning yellow...with still a bit of green in them



 Below is a lovely gold color, fan shaped Ginko leaf fallen to the ground.



Below is the Ginko fruit and the seed or nut from another fruit.  It was pretty soft and mushy.
God. It stinks!
There are huge fruit bearing ginko trees in High Park.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...