Sunday, October 28, 2018

Day of the dead...October 27th 2018, Wychwood Barn, Toronto


Went to Wychwood Barns, yesterday to see the  Day of the Dead celebrations for the first time ever. 
(I have seen Day of the Dead only in the James Bond movie  Spectre) 
It was lively and colorful ...the very opposite of the dull , rainy, cloudy, cold weather!
Also  enjoyed hot tasty vegetarian tacos at this festival. 
















The lady who crafted the lovely clay figure above was here at this event.



Above is Cocoa pod and beans. 


 Amazingly intricate paper cut outs (I am not sure if they are called paper cutouts or something else) hanging in the hall




I wonder what those beads are on the ankles. They looked like walnut sized nuts of some type to me.





What IS this animal? Panther?

















These metal cups were lovely but were a bit too expensive for me.....plus we microwave nearly 99% of the time and these can't be microwaved.

All in all a nice time at the Day of the Dead...despite the depressing weather!

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...