Sunday, October 7, 2018

EXOTIC fruits, leaves, roots and vegetables...I have seen but not yet tasted e...at shops in Toronto

 Lemon Grass above...heard of it and know that some dishes I have eaten or drank had lemon grass in them but never seen it till now (at Adonis in Scarborough, Toronto)

 Above ..turnips ...read about turnips in books but not yet tasted it (at Adonis in Scarborough, Toronto)

Above .. Yellow beets ...eaten red beets but not seen (till now) or eaten yellow beets

Black Radish above...eaten radish but never heard of black radish till now! I wonder if the skin is black as the soil was black...and it's not really black radish?

Yucca above ...seen this ...never eaten this...did not know this name till now
 Celeriac above...never heard or seen this vegetable till now!
 Artichokes above...never eaten this
 Balady Zucchini above...I have seen dark green zucchini but not with this stripes and dots

Above...Rutabagas at Food basics...


 Sumani dates above...never seen dates like this

Red Zaghloul dates above...I have eaten yellow dates with skin...never seen red dates with skin on

 Dandelion leaves above...this 'weed' grows in my garden...I have never eaten it
 Arugula leaves above (eaten this when it was on a pizza...tasty!)

I wonder how many hundreds of vegetables, roots and greens are out there, which I have never tasted. Why am I not adventurous enough  to try new stuff?


1 comment:

Rums said...

hi There,
I like your blog and the way you have documented your experience. I used to blog when I was in India but after coming to Canada got busy in job hunting and all. From the vegetables above I have only tried Arugula -made it as a salad. Its very tasty. My goals is to eat variety greens. So I have started with Swiss chard. Hopefully will get to Dandelion someday. I have started blogging recently. Would love you to visit my blog sometime. https://ramynomics.blogspot.com/

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...