Monday, October 29, 2018

Mystery Plant


We got the plant in the photos below, about 13 years ago, probably from Ikea. We took this along when we moved homes.
I don't remember when, but this plant seemed to die. It had no leaves at all and all that was left of the plant was a lone short  stump with  dried, brown skin/bark, loosely clinging to it.   I neither watered the pot nor threw out the stump.
(What's wrong with me? Apathy? Hoarding?

And then, a few years ago, the stump came back to life! I simply cannot understand how this thing was alive, all these years...without any outward sign of life... no  leaves, no moisture in the stump, nothing.
The next miracle from this plant is these flowers below.  This  plant has never flowered  from the time we bought it to  NOW i.e. October 2018. For the very first time, almost 12-13 years later, flowers have bloomed,  filling my living room with a lovely fragrance!  
I would love to know the name of this plant. I have searched for this plant in the shops but not been able to find one. I am seeking it to discover it's name. 
This is a lovely unexpected mystery in my home. 











No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...