Wednesday, October 2, 2019

HOW CAN I SURVIVE? NOTHING SOLD, THOUGH IT IS ALMOST NOON!


When I visited Ghati Subramanya the lady selling these Pooja offerings (flowers, coconuts, bananas, beetle leaves, etc) for the deity was lamenting to a fellow shop-keeper that though it was almost noon, she had not sold a single thing. 
I bought some things when I heard her say this though I had finished the pooja. Her comment threw me into guilt and sadness. My friends who took me to Ghati, had packed the pooja things from home, saying that the same pooja things sold outside the temple were over-priced.

I wish we middle class develop the capacity to put ourselves in the shoes of these vendors and understand their suffering. These vendors are victims of  failing business, failing agriculture, corrupt police and others who expect  bribe (for letting them sell outside the temple) failing everything in India. 






No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...