Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wall paintings outside Gadag railway station and Railway quarters!

Below are photos of paintings on the compound walls of the railway quarters opposite the Gadag railway station. These are of ancient temples in places near Gadag











Below are the Railway Quarters. I felt such a wave of nostalgia and joy looking at these tiled, stone and brick buildings painted in the yellow shade, which most buildings were painted in several decades ago. 
I can picture myself leading a content, simple, austere life in these quarters  without my current restlessness, consumer-mentality, and a constant craving for excitement. (excitement through 'new' books, 'new' movies, 'new' TV shows, visiting 'new' places, buying things, etc)






I have stayed in the KEB (Karnataka Electricity Board) quarters in Shimsa, where my uncle lived. Those buildings were like the ones above and so lovely...huge, (build by British I think), surrounded by a huge fruit & vegetable garden, completely silent except for the sounds of birds and wind rustling utter  darkness  at night except for fireflies and starlight.  The sounds of insects at night was scary! There was no human sounds at all. 

I am so glad, that outside Bangalore, there still exists, these oasis of peace and beauty. 
If I stepped into these houses today and found modern things like TV, plastic chairs, mobiles, washing machines, I would be so disappointed! 

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...