Tuesday, September 27, 2016

BOOKS FROM INDIA THAT I HAVE READ

After writing several articles or is it mere lists...of crime fiction books I have read from different countries, romantic fiction, crime fiction with women protagonists, etc, I realize now that I have not made a list of books from India that I have read.


Though I feel ashamed, I have to admit here that I OWN a whole ton of books by Indian authors(and others) which I have NOT READ! I am wondering if I should list these as-yet-unread-books in this list or not. I am also a bit ashamed that the number of books by Indian authors I have read is so low! I seem to have read hundreds, nay thousands of books by American and British authors but less than maybe 500 books by Indian authors or books set in India!


Also, why  do I have this need to make lists and put it in this public place? What purpose does it serve?  Am I writing these lists as I am not getting a good idea to pen?  Or is it that I have good ideas but cant write?


While making this list I discovered that the American and British books I have read far outnumber the Indian books I have read...even though I am an Indian by birth!




I am wondering how to make this list of books I HAVE read? One whole list or divide it into non-fiction, fiction, mythology, set in India but not by  Indian author, books by Indian authors and story set in India or outside India, books on Indian geography, history, etc.


This list  can go on and on, if I include all the books about India such as Indian kings, Indian temples, the Himalayas, Indian jewellery, Indian religions, etc.

 Let me make the list and then decide how I am going to arrange it.











MYTHOLOGY
Ramayana by C.R.Rajagopalachari
Mahabharatha by C.R.Rajagopalachari
Dashavatara
Bhagwan Parashurama by K.M.Munshi
Stories of Vikramaditya Simhasana Dwatrimsika
Stories of Vikramaditya Vetala Panchavimsati
Panchatantra
Stories of Shiva
Stories of Kali
Stories of Vishnu






HISTORY books(Cant recall any now)



NOVELS
Return to the soil by Shivram Karanth
Man riding the tiger
R.K.Narayan's books
Kushwant Singh's books


Rabindranath Tagore short stories, dramas and novels
Salman Rushdie books(Midnight's children)
Ruskin Bond's books short stories
 The inscrutable Americans by Anurag Mathur I loved this funny book and read it a few times!
Maximum city Bombay Lost and found by Suketu Mehta
Untouchable by Mulk Raj Anand
Train to Pakistan by Kushwant Singh Parts of this book are heart breaking and I cannot read it again.
Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahari short stories
Delhi Noir short stories
Kim by Rudyard Kipling I loved this classic and read it a few times.
Sari shop by Rupa Bajwa
Marrying Anita by Anita Jain Enjoyed this!
Midnight's children by Salman Rushdie


Sudhir Kakkar's books


I have



No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...