Tuesday, October 31, 2017

ANTIQUE GLASS SHOW AND SALE AT LAWRENCE PARK COMMUNITY CHURCH, BAYVIEW AVENUE OCT 2017

Saturday, Oct 28, '17 was a dull, cloudy, rainy day. If I didn't get out, I knew, I would get cranky, pick fights with my husband and ruin the weekend. Though I had a lot of Netflix to see(Stranger thing s), I had binged on 'Wanted',  Friday night and did not want to sit in front of the TV again, Saturday morning!
Looking up the weekend events in Toronto, I discovered this free Glass Show & Sale, within a short drive. We checked  out this show and here are some photos. 
The prices were reasonable...all  the items were in perfect condition, which is an amazing feat by my standards. Things break so soon in my house that it's impossible to find a complete glassware set, a year after buying, if you were to visit me!





 My mother and sisters refuse gifts of glass or porcelain-ware...they say that the 'maid' is careless and breaks them when washing. Which means, they don't have have microwave in their kitchens...all pots, pans, plates, literally everything is made of steel in my familys' kitchens. 
    My family refuses to embrace technology and have to be literally dragged into the 21st century, kicking and screaming!







 I think the lady called this set below as jadeite because of the color. 

 I cannot imagine how a full set of porcelain can survive for over 70 years in mint condition! 




No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...