Friday, December 1, 2017

Louvre's large sculptures from Mesopotamia culture .....

 
I saw these amazing sculptures for the first time at The Louvre. It saddens me that Muslim terrorists, such as the ISIS wilfully destroyed what was left of similar sculptures in the middle-east.
These sculptures carved centuries ago amaze me...the art for one thing, sure. But what amazes me more is the  engineering and science that people had centuries ago, to be able to carve and then move these tons of sculpted stones and position them. I am also amazed at the 'long-lasting quality' of the structures and buildings they built all those centuries ago.
I have had to humbly revise my opinion that science and technology is 'new'...I now accept that all those centuries ago, people had the aesthetics and the know-how to create these temples and palaces.
 
When these rare, irreplaceable pieces are bombed wilfully, not be 'enemies' but by the very citizens of the country i.e.  the ISIS, it's heart-breaking and impossible to understand. Instead of being proud of their heritage, these people bombed them. Are the members of the ISIS, frustrated and jealous that they don't have the skills to construct and so they vent their anger at their own lack of skills by destroying something constructed by their ancestors?
I feel so furious when I see broken statues ...it takes hundreds of hours for a sculptor to carve and 'perfect' a piece...but   these criminals/terrorist/ISIS/idol-worship-hating bigots come along and with a single blow destroy in a minute, something which took days and months to create.
Do they feel any shame or remorse when they break? Do they even think of the sculptor and how he feels to know his work is destroyed? Do they ever put themselves in the shoes of the art-lovers, and ask themselves, "How will I feel if someone like me, came along and destroyed something I loved ?"
 
 












No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...