Sunday, December 3, 2017

RANDOM STREET & WALL SURFACES....MATERIALS, APPEARANCES, TEXTURES & FEEL



The two pics above are a street in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.(The street is Hessler Ct near Bellflower) This is the only street I have seen paved with wood blocks. Mind you, this is a STREET and not pavement. 
In India, I had seen mud roads & tar roads. 
But after coming to Canada, I discovered roads paved with cobbled stones and also bricks. Imagine the strength of the bricks to take the weight of the vehicles and the extreme weather conditions! 
 Maybe if I visit London, like Dick Whittington and his cat, I may find streets paved with gold!













Above are photos of cobblestone paved path in Paris, France.
The single photo below is from the garden in front of the Gardiner museum in Toronto, CANADA.
The colorful tiles below...this is from the Artists village in Balboa Park in San Diego, California


 The street with tiles with grass growing in the lines...is from Paris or Versailles, France












Above is a flagstone path, when walking in the gardens around the Niagara Falls, Ontario. 
...
Below is the snow covered wall of a church in Toronto. Photographed today Dec 18th 2017. I love this wall..I love the triangular stones on top, the grey color, the flat rocks, one on top of another...As I pass by this church and this wall in particular, I always think of the opening chapter of Charles Dickens's  Great Expectations. 





Above is a brick-paved ..I don't know if I should call it street or path..it's inside Distillery district in Toronto. I love love love the look of the buildings in Distillery district!

Above is a stone wall, covered in fall color leaves in Brockville (1000 island, near Kingston), Ontario.

Below is a mushroom covered piece of land! I would love to roll over on a field covered in mushrooms! The feel of the soft cool mushrooms on my face and cheeks, the crunching/crushing momentary feel as I roll over them, the water oozing as my weight crushes them...I think it's a nice tactile feel...It's just my imagination. I am not going to do it(I believe all living things feel pain)

Above and below are 'not-for-walking' path near museum in San Francisco 
 Below is a fern covered tree in Big Basin Redwood forest (or something like that), California.


 Above are paths in a reserve in California
Below is sand by the Pacific ocean, covered with some seaweed in California.
 Below is low-tide beach/edge of sea in California (Fitzgerald marine reserve)


 Above is sand covered with a beautiful weed near Fitzgerald marine reserve, California
 Above is beach at low tide exposing a whole lot of sea-life in low-tide pools ...adding rich textures and colors  to it's looks. Soft wet seaweeds, hard rocks, rough pebbles, colorful sea anemones, etc.
 Rough rocks, smoothed by the continuous waves. Soft seaweeds lining a part of the rocks like a fringe of hair on a bald man's head. sunlight shining on the wet rocks and light bouncing of the water. The beach here had more texture than any other beach I have seen
 I dont know why the color is like this in daytime ...error with my camera?
 Texture Texture Texture! provided by a variety of sea-life in the pools by the beach



Below is a path made of wood chips ...in a park in Toronto. I have never seen a path made of woodchips!


Below are textures from  Cancun Mexico. 
 This above  is probably a limestone wall. Limestone disintegrates with age, and this wall, might have been smooth when it was first built but gradually accquired a texture when the weker parts of the stone disintegrated and when the sun and moisture combined to change color of the stpones by adding algae and changing the colors. 

 Above is a compound wall...the steel thorns above indicate that maybe thefts and robberies happen here and this is the householder's way of being safe from attacks. 

 Imagine the amount of work which has gone into this wall! The lining up and cementing of those tiny ?brick pieces between the limestone rocks for decor! I think I saw this wall in Isla Mujere and island near  Cancun.


 Above and below are textures in the sea...the reddish brown is sea weed floating on the waters between the limestone rocks in the photo above.  Below is the alge pushed this way and that like hair on a woman's head, when she's under the tap. One can almost feel the texture by just looking at it!

 I loved this color combination..was it an accident or design that they chose to paint the edge of this lovely limestone wall, pink to go with the bougainvillea growing above it?




 Above is a 'modern' building in Cancun...I liked the geometric look of it...and am I stretching it by saying that it goes with the limestone color around this town?


Above and below are limestone surfaces with lichen or algae growth on them adding ot the color and maybe texture too. 


Below is a texture I will respect and appreciate from a  distance! This is a tree in Cancun.



 I love the different shades of white and grey caused by aging on the limestones above.
It's a nightmare walking barefoot or even with shod feet on this surface below. 



I love the attention to detail in the wall below...the bits of shallow limestone pieces embedded between the larger rocks to add to the beauty of the wall. It's like fancy hemming on the edges of a dress. 

I have never seen a wall decorated by painted tires like this wall in Cancun. 

 The photos above and below convey warm, sunny, relaxed vibe...maybe because I was feeling relaxed and warm from the Mexican sun, when I saw these walls in Cancun.





Above is another compound wall from a home or some building in Cancun,  Look at those deadly spikes on top...they spell "no entry" in no uncertain terms!
 I adore this hut! Warm rich earthy red color mud walls and  a thatched roof, the palm leaves turned grey with age and the sun.  I could lie on a bed in this, reading a book and contemplating...forever!

 In the picture above, can you see the differences in texture of the stones...I wonder why some rocks are still smooth and some are worn out ? Are some rocks smooth as they were built late? or because they were a different type of a hardier rock? We can see 4 different textures on this surface alone...the rocks are smooth to your right, rough in the centre and seem to be rougher in the left side. This is the Chichen Itza pyramid in Mexico. 
I

 Above is not so much texture as it is variation of color due to sun, algae, etc. 

Below is a part of a wall outside a shop in Cancun covered with these lovely vibrant tiles.

Below is a wall of a hotel by the beach in Cancun I think. I loved the enormous size of these leaves and the roots clinging into the wall.


No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...