Monday, August 27, 2018

MUSHROOMS:BALSAM LAKE PROVINCIAL PARK,KIRKLAND, ONTARIO




Went camping at Balsam Lake on Aug 26th, 2018 to Aug 28th. But came running back on 27th evening after a tornado warning. The momeny I stepped into the car, it started POURING! We left, not a second too early!There was lightning the entire drive all the way from Balsam Lake to ...upto New Market...Aurora region.
Enjoyed my one single night of camp-life.
Saw a whole lot of amazing mushrooms there. The best and most fascinating one is the one right below...I have never ever in my life seen a mushroom, so beautiful, so soft,  of this colour and shaped like this one. Just discovered that the one below is NOT a mushroom but a fungus.








 Below is a lovely red and yellow mushroom.


Below is a white one.


I love the one below mainly because of the colored circle at the edge. I wonder what caused this color...a ring of red and a ring of blue

 I love the symmetry of the one below.
 The orange-brownish spots on the tree stump...are they lichen or baby mushrooms?


I love the green moss on the white mushrooms. I assume the green moss is on the older ones and the young ones are still white...?












I love these cute, small, yellow ones below




 This red one below is so fierce looking!







I am not sure if the three white above are mushrooms or a different type of shapeless mass of fungus like ?alge or lichen or something else?


No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...