Sunday, May 26, 2019

Pedestrian Sunday Kensington market, May 26, 2019

Went for a 3 hour long stroll today at Kensington. Loved the sun, the atmosphere, the music by so many talented groups, the food. Bought 2 turtles in a garage sale at a home, at Kensington market!
A dollar each and it was a steal! It belonged to the seller's father who had collected hundreds of turtles from all over the world. 




Bought a wonderful line drawing(print) from an artist at this show. 
As usual, I photographed the graffiti art on the walls and fences of Kensington.






























Below are some other things which caught my fancy






Above a unique looking volkswagen.

Above was a solo musician playing an African instrument. Very nice.
Above looks like a cactus and I didn't know this was edible! Seen at a Kensington vegetable shop 

A brick pattern on a pavement at the Kensington.
Weed plants! But not for sale. They said we can learn to grow weed from them.

The stream of people walking by, the sun after a long winter, the music, the relaxed atmosphere and most of all, for some inexplicable reason the shop above reminded me of my holiday at Isla Mujeres near Cancun! I loved it there. I loved it here!

And below. A giraffe at Kensington!



Bought 2 turtles in a garage sale at a home, at Kensington market!
A dollar each and it was a steal! It belonged to the seller's father who had collected hundreds of turtles from all over the world. 

Loved today's stroll. But our aging bodies were tired after the sun and walk. Came home and slept. Need more time to get the muscles moving after the winter hibernation.


2 comments:

Rums said...

Beautiful Pics. I would go to Kensington market every summer when i was living downtown. It has a summer vibe to it. Beautiful neighborhood!

Indian Curry said...

Thanks for your kind comment Ramya!
Regards
B

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...