Saturday, June 8, 2019

Three summer fests in a day!

First real day of summer this year (June 8, 2019) I think. Enjoyed it!

First activity of the day: BEACHES ARTS AND CRAFT SHOW at Kew Garden Park. It took a while to get parking but we finally found a spot on a street with amazingly beautiful houses with lovely gardens. Today was a day when people were going around seeing these private gardens(Mark's choice through the garden gate, event organized through the Toronto botanical garden).
We loved the art show and people dressed in their minimal summer clothes. I was probably the only unfashionably dressed person...jeans, cotton shirt with a green full sleeve jacket and cotton gloves ( I was the only one with gloves...people were minimally dressed due to the sun and I was maximally covered for the same reason!)
I bought a couple of books sold to raise funds for a cause
Lunch at Amma Roti House: beer, naan and alugobi.

Second activity: Went to Roncesvalles and walked on the street and enjoyed 'RONCY ROCKS'. (We had actually intended to visit Dundas West fest between Lansdowne avenue and Ossington street). I found an artist who paints Toronto scenes and bought a painting from her to give a gift to someone. I enjoyed walking the street, exploring the lovely shops and flea market. My husband bought paint to paint furniture...this is his new passion.  The paint is called mineral paint and manufactured in Toronto...most things seem to come from China and it was a pleasure to discover something manufactured here.

Third activity: DUNDAS WEST FEST between Lansdowne avenue and Ossington street. This was packed with people! music. Food. plenty of beer on the sidewalk patios. I loved the energy here! There were literally thousand of people.

All three places were great fun...each with it's own vibe. I love this amazing variety of people and vibes in TO. Same city, similar festivals but such a different vibe in all three of the ones I visited. How to describe the vibes? The beaches art fest was relaxed, more people of European-Canadian origin than others, moving slowly, the people were talking to the artists, displaying their wares, kids were sitting on the grass with their families and eating or playing. The Roncy Rocks was the least crowded of the three fests we visited today This  stretch of street had drinking water for which I am so grateful. I loved the laid-back atmosphere and lovely shops on Roncenvilles road. Old book shops, antique shops, cafes, old music(vinyl) shops and so on. Dundas west fest was the MOST crowded. It was huge! It stretched for quite a bit and there was different music, every few steps of the way. Lots of beer serving patios. Lots of food. lots of people dancing to the music. There were I think, peo[le dressed in native Portugese clothes, dancing to live music and it was Portugese day some day this week. I know I am being very very incorrect by saying this! But there were tons of good looking, well dressed young people, lots of people who seemed gay(someone told me they were gay bars at some spots on the street in this fest), lots of people of African-American origin (maybe they had come from the US and Caribbean countries for the upcoming Caribiana?) There were vendors too from other countries like Cuba.

Came home. Bath. Washed the sunscreen off my face. Drank lots of water. Slept. I had walked more than 10000 steps today. Looks like I have to give up my job and walk full time to walk the quota of steps to maintain good health.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...