Saturday, December 12, 2020

Loving the comedies BREAKING IN (CTV throwback )and GETTING ON Crave TV and it may be a HBO show)

 These dark, short, gloomy, rainy dull days in December...with no friends visiting, no malls to roam in, no office to go to daily, I am feeling dull, listless, bored and questioning what the hell I am living for!


My brain is in no mood for the usual crime shows I like to watch on netflix and Bell. My days feel substantially lighter and happier after discovering these two shows recently...Dec 2020 on Bell's on demand.


Breaking in is funny and geeky...about an eccentric bright group of youth working in the ?cyber security business under an equally eccentric boss. This show was made/released in 2011.


Getting on is set in a geriatric hospital ward...it's something I can really relate to as I worked in hospitals and clinics most of my career. The acting, plot, characters, script are absolutely brilliant! I am enjoying the American version which has 3 seasons and aired in 2013, 2014 and 2015. .Apparently the original show with the same name is from UK and was aired in 2009, 2010 and 2012.

If you are feeling the winter blues, the Covid blues, the job-less, aim-less blues, the rainy day blues like me, these shows may make lessen your existential angst and cheer you up!

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...