Wednesday, February 10, 2021

What I missed during Covid lockdown:Life's weekly, simple, unguilty pleasures which kept my mood up and boredom low

 Meeting friends and family either in their or my home

Visits to Winners and Marshalls: On lunch break, it was great to browse through the items and occasionally, take home, something...a dress, a jacket, something for the kitchen...

Visit to malls...roam in malls on weekends, with husband, after lunch at home. Linger at favorite stores like Indigo and Old Navy. Check out stuff in Muji, Nordstrom, Bays, etc. End with coffee and a dessert before heading back home. I love people watching in Eaton centre and Yorkdale mall, especially the youth with their daring attires and makeup, happy and in their own world! 

Visit to USA and other places in Canada: Every year we visit our families in USA or visit a city we have never seen and spend a few days exploring the city and nearby areas. We covered almost all major cities within driving distance...Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec city, Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Buffalo, Cleveland,  New York, Washington DC, Chicago, etc. Initially we stayed at hotels and then took the courage to stay at airbnbs. 

Visit to other countries: It has been a fond dream of mine to visit countries in the world and till my late 20s, I never believed I would ever be able to.  This is because, I lived in India, earned little and so had zero hopes. I avidly watched 'English' movies and enjoyed the vicarious thrill of those countries through the movies. Then, I moved to Canada and was so thrilled that I could actually visit the countries I only saw in movies and 'dreamt' of visiting. Pre-Covid, I was lucky to see Hawaii, London, India of course, several times, Havana in Cuba, Cancun in Mexico, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh,Paris, etc. ( I add etc after I nothing more to add, I might add!) If someone had told me that Covid, would hit the world, I would have travelled a lot more and crammed my bucket list in the last ten years. I would have seen Rome, Venice, Berlin, Prague, Athens, etc.

Visit to temples: 

Visit to museums

Visit to restaurants

Visit to farmers markets, flea markets ( I love flea markets!), 

summer street festivals in Toronto (Bloor street, St. Clair west, Junction festival, etc),

 Nathan Phillips square events and Dundas square events, 

summer fairs in small towns outside Toronto such as fall festivals, etc. 

Also special exhibitions such as the woodcrafters of Ontario exhibition, gemstone exhibition, book festival, art exhibitions in open places such as Trinity Bellwoods park, etc.

Camping in Ontario parks: This was a fairly recent hobby. I would have loved to camp but not done in 2020 due to Covid.



No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...