Sunday, April 8, 2012

The accident by Linwood Barclay

Finished reading this book recently. It was a real page turner. Enjoyed it a lot.

I borrow several books at a time from the library but only a few of them hold my interest and I finish reading only those few. This book is one of them.

Feb 2018: My take on Barclay after reading several of his books: His books are set in New York State;  middle class families in small town figure in his books. After reading many of his books I am arriving at the opinion that they are bloody dystopian! When you read one or two books, you don't think of him as dystopian. But after reading many, it's like so depressing and evil.
Despite, this feeling, I know I will be ready to read his next book! What's wrong with me? Why am I addicted to this guy's books? When reading his books, with morbid fascination, the thought which keeps running through my head is that this author needs to visit a shrink. But then I think, maybe he's fine...he only writes this way so as to go 'laughing to the bank'.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...