Wednesday, May 9, 2018

sound of crackling ice

My colleague was describing her visit to her dad's cottage last week. It's  the beginning of May and  the lakes of  northern Ontario are still frozen, with floes floating toward the docks and needing to be physically pushed away, to avoid damage to the docks.

She described how lovely it was sitting by the lake, feeling the sun on skin and hearing the continuous crackle of the ice breaking on the lake.  She compared the crackling of ice on the lake to the breaking of a glass chandelier!This is the first I have ever heard of the sound of crackling ice on the lake. I would love to see this some day.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...