Sunday, January 9, 2022

Mc Millan and Wife : comedy-cop crime show from 1970s Loving it!

 As I mentioned before in an earlier blog, I am enjoying old shows from 1960s and 70s as they seem to suit my mood...I am intensely disliking or not attracted to at all to the new shows which are too violent, people too evil or unpalatable.

After finishing the Father Dowling series and The Saint (Roger Moore as the saint!), I have now discovered the McMillan and Wife series. I am enjoying it a lot and it's a great way to spend an hour in the evening.

This covid and the innumerable listless hours stuck at home, stuck in Toronto for over 2 years has done a number on my life, time and mood. These old shows have been my salvation through these last two loooong years. 

I wish today's life and today's shows had the decency, innocence, cleanness, gentleness, chivalry, honor and sweetness of life in the 60s and 70s. Can we ever go back to that pattern of living? Can societies regain the  lost innocence and sweetness of the 60s and 70s era?

The dishonorable, thieving, ruthless politicians and bureaucrats all over the world, the modern technology of computers and cellphones, unstoppable progress of science, the modern social media, the shrinking of the world, increase in population, the crossing of cultures and so many dynamic changes have essentially wiped out the beauty and charm of the past. 

I pray that I continue to find more shows after I finish the episodes of McMillan and Wife to keep my spirits up in these grey-gloomy-wintry-Omicron-January days of 2022!

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...