Sunday, July 3, 2011

a lovely surprise

What is a pleasant surprise for a book lover?
Finding an unread book of a favorite author!
I thought I had read all the books in the Inspector Rostiknov series by Kaminsky and now, to my delight,  I  discovered that I had not read 'A fine red rain'.
......Got it from the library last week and had a great time reading it.
Thank God for such wonderful mood lifting miracles.

Would'nt it be great if  these miracles happen often.....unpublished works of favorite authors being discovered and published? A couple of such finds are Mark Twain's biography and a book of Roald Dahl.
Recently Mark Twain's autobiography was published. He had willed that it was not to be published until after 100 years of his death. A few years ago a work of the late Roald Dahl was discovered and published.
If my wishes were to come true, then unpublished works of James Hadley Chase, Peter O'Donnell, Oliver Strange, Fredrick H Christian, Christine and Kettle, Lawrence Sanders, Kaminsky,  would be found!
 ........ if wishes were horses, beggars would ride!

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...