Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Berkeley University, July 4th 2018


Below are some photos taken at Berkeley University in California.(July 4th 2018)





This is the first time that I saw a department of demography!





Above is the Sather Tower in Berkeley. It's a clock tower in Berkeley. I went up (4$ for adults) and could see a panoramic view...4 sides. Could see San Fransisco downtown, the golden gate bridge, the sea. This tower has bells (enormous and heavy!) and I missed the Carillion concert( 3 daily). I was up there for about five to ten minutes. This is the 3rd largest bell and clock tower in the world.





Above are views from this Campanile. Below are photos of a poster inside the tower.

Below is a stretch of grass just outside the tower. I suppose people sit here to listen to the daily Carillion concerts.










Above is the photo of someone (homeless?) playing a piano or keyboard in the campus. I love the idea that  ANYONE visiting the university can play this keyboard, for as-long-as-they-like, irrespective of whether they know to  play or not! A community which  encourages all irrespective of whether one is poor and gives opportunities like this, a great society!
I saw this tree covered with lovely pink blossoms in the university. It was so charming.


Above is a log placed as a bench with a seat for your butt, carved in.

Above is another clock...but smaller than Sather tower. This too was in the uni campus.


No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...