Sunday, July 1, 2018

Essentials on my bed...then and now



Here are two photos of my bed .
1. A recreation of how my bed looked when I was a kid in school
 A pillow, a sheet to put on if I felt cold, a storybook or comic to read night or morning.


And below is a photo of my bed now...with hardly any room for ME! Because I need to have all these things on my bed, within reach!



A textbook I am compelled to read to pass an exam this year.
A novel to read in bed..a novel is a must for me in bed
If there's books, can peepers be far behind? (two sets of peepers now)
 The bedroom is where we spend, 90% of our 'home' time ...so TV is in it...ergo, distance glasses.

TV remote 
Another remote for the  cable system
Apple TV remote for Netflix
Mobile phone in case people call.
Landline phone too.
Airpods :so husband can sleep  undisturbed when I watch TV late into the night
Fan's remote: to switch off fan without getting out of bed
Bedsheet if it's cool, not cold
Rug: Something warmer if it's cold, not just cool.

And under the bed are a bottle of water as I drink in the night, slippers, daily morning tablet for thyroid.

And not in this photo are: 
neck support I use sometimes if the pillow is troubling me
pen and paper to write ideas before I forget
snacks!(eating snacks makes watching TV that much more fun!)
my cat who sleeps with us sometimes
Husband

I wonder what more things will add on as times goes on?(glass of water to place dentures in ...after a couple of decades? walking stick?)

It takes a lot more 'things' to be comfortable today than it did when I was a kid! 



No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...