Thursday, July 5, 2018

Photos from Telegraph avenue and nearby, Berkeley, California.

What impressed me most in Berkeley?

1) To discover that their university has 30+ Nobel Prize winners!

2) To discover that they have a dozen used book shops in one square mile in downtown(Telegraph avenue and vicinity)

3)The democrat atmosphere. 

 I think I felt Berkeley was Bohemian...based on my 2 hour stroll around Telegraph avenue and vicinity. And I love Bohemian.

Below are a few photos taken on my 2 hour stroll.


After a 5 minute search on internet, discovered that above is a 14 feet tall, ceramic sculpture by local artist John Toki, called 'S-Hertogenbosch' after a Dutch city.  This is at intersection of Shattuck avenue and Addison street 


 Above is a book shop. If you can read, it says, 5-10-25 cent store!

I wonder if 'we work' is a store?











Below are chalk artwork on ground...











Below are two pavements...one with glass(bottles?) and shells
The other is made of slabs of ?colored granite.









Below is an artificial flower arrangement in wood...seen in Blue bottle, a coffee shop. The coffee shop's minimalistic decor stretched to the extent that it didn't have the shop's name ANYWHERE in writing. There was however a painting of a blue-color-bottle.


Above is the Mantra of the Karnataka government, seen at Berkeley!

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...