Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Reserved parking...for Nobel Prize winners



Street in Berkeley University campus with parking reserved for Nobel Prize winners.
And all the spots were taken! 









Apparently there are 32 winners of the Nobel prize from Berkeley university.
Googling the Nobel prize, I made the sad discovery that the government takes away a part of the money as tax and the amount after that is not enough to buy a decent house in Berkeley! Growing up, in India, the Nobel prize money seemed to be an  ENORMOUS amount of money.  Now, I am not so awed by the amount.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...