Monday, April 5, 2021

Anyone recalls the delicious sponge cake of University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS), Bangalore from the 70s?

 My dad worked in the university of agricultural sciences, Bangalore. He would on rare occasions get home a delicious sponge cake from the bakery in this university. That was the best sponge cake I ever tasted in my life! The cake was very mild ...very mildly sweet, soft and very mild essence...it was like eating an 'upper class bread' than a cake if you know what I mean...It was much less sweet, less vanilla flavoured than the usual bakery cakes and had no icing at all which is how I like my cake.

I wonder if they are still producing the same type of cake now? I am baking cake in Canada but my cakes cannot hold a candle the the UAS cakes! I have eaten cakes made in Bangalore, USA & Canada...from Indian, 'Canadian', Chinese, 'American' bakeries but none of the cakes come close to the cake of the UAS bakery. I do hope I get a chance to visit the UAS bakery during my next visit to Bangalore and check out their cake. 

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...