Sunday, April 4, 2021

Eating out (at Vaughan's Bombay Touch) on the last day before lockdown started ! April 2, 2021

 

I was tolerating the annoyance of long hair while waiting eagerly for the hair salons to open in Toronto on April 12th. Then we realized that  not only are the hair saloons not going to open but even the ones outside the grey zone were shutting down! I fled to Richmond hill to get my hair cut. After being turned down by 3 which were fully booked, I got my hair cut at the 4th hair salon. 

Hungry after the long drive and after going from one salon to another, we stopped here at Bombay Touch to have our last restaurant meal before the lockdown! I had Naan and saag chicken with an Indian beer (which Indians in India have not even heard of!) called cheetah beer. (Saag is spinach)

One dirty incident which happened there while we ate....a lady walked into this restaurant which was empty except for me and my husband, picked a food bag and walked out. The restaurant staff who had stepped into the kitchen came out and was furious as the person had walked out not only with a food bag meant for another customer but without paying! She was calling, presumably that person on the phone and asking her to come back with the money or the food and apparently the person at the other end of the phone was refusing!

I was really disgusted that someone can do this, when the restaurants are already dealing with the huge loss to their business caused by Covid.  I do hope that restaurant staff managed to recover her money. 

This incident ruined our lunch. 



No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...