Friday, September 3, 2021

Nostalgia...my needs

 Feeling low today...no real problems of my own, but worries about my neices and siblings...their future, money problems, relationship issues.

Feeling listless...no mood to work, though I am supposed to be 'working from home' now.

Resisting the urge to eat chocolates....weight gain fears

No mood to see movies and shows on internet, though I have found a few good ones.

Can't go out as husband is on call all week.

What I need now to pick up my mood is, "my favorite English magazines from India, from the 60s to the late 80s...the ones with short stories and nice ads...the ads really give me such a wonderfully satisfying feeling of how beautiful, gentle and pleasant India was in those days. 

What I would not give to be able to access, online some of my favorite magazines from India of those pre-1990 days....

Illustrated weekly of India:short stories, jokes, comics, ads, a few articles maybe

Reader's digest of India (Till the 70s, I loved the cover illustrations, cartoons, jokes....subsequently, they changed and I disliked them...the ones from the late 80s maybe

Femina: the dresses, short stories, ads, illustrations of homes, etc

Debonair: I liked the stories, the articles and yes, the nude photos too.

Chandamama: No longer liking the stories, but would love to see the illustrations.

God! I can't seem to recall the other magazines at all! Am I dementing?

Here is a list of ones I did not like or liked only a bit..career and competition times, champak, women's era, caravan, India today, 

Here are the film mags I recall: I loved seeing the photos but there was NOTHING in terms of articles worth the time you spend on reading....stardust, filmfare, what the b..... h... I can recall only two names? Have I got early Alzheimer's?

There was a mag about architecture but it was more interior decoration, but can't recall it's name. The articles were written in a terrible style and had rich illustrations but unrealistically rich and I don't know who will live in such homes.

I have to recall the names of mags of India, at least for my own memory cells regeneration!



No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...