Monday, November 1, 2021

Oct 31, 2021 walk on Harbord street, Toronto: subdued Halloween in Toronto

 For a few years, we enjoyed going to Church street on the Halloween night of Oct 31st  to see the men and women dressed in amazing costumes. 

Due to the Covid Pandemic, this was cancelled this year (such a waste of gloriously warm, comfortable weather!) and we decided to go downtown anyway and drive around to check out  Halloween events.

We ended up in the university area (we thought students will definitely be celebrating Halloween), parked by the university library on St. George and walked around. 

Here are a few random photos I took. 







The photos above are a building at the intersection of Spadina and Harbord. The paint on this house is definitely Halloween themed in my opinion





Above: Saw this amazing painting and sad truth painted in one of the alleys off Harbord. 

Damn the people who kill tigers!





This is a relatively big house...with a large backyard and this tree. It is run down and will soon cease to exist. A new building is coming up here I believe. I wish I had lived here 100 years ago and experienced that life style...few people, less noise, less traffic, old-style slow paced lifestyle!


Above and below: this absolutely run down house on Harbord street, in the down-town-university area is probably worth a few millions!


Above: wall decor in Elchi Chai, where we had a tea to slake our thirst


Saw this on the street in the university area. Reference to the several missing women of indigenous origin?








Fall colors by the university buildings. 

I simply lack the courage to ask the folks dressed for Halloween to pose for my camera!

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...