Sunday, October 22, 2017

San Diego trip September 2017



Below are photos  from my mobile I took on my San Diego trip in September 2017
I have better photos but not sure how to download from camera to computer to upload here! I got a new Macpro and the cable from my camera does not fit Macpro port. 

This beautiful Bird of Paradise flower which costs a fortune in Toronto is ubiquitous to San Diego! It's everywhere and also grows wild on some pavements like weeds! I fell in love with this beauty and kept repeatedly photographing it. It's like a  Bharathyanatyam dancer's gracefully posed palm to me.


 Below is scene from La Jolla beach. I videotaped this young lady, who jumped many times...but I don't know how to upload video here! She would climb up and jump; climb again and jump! I loved her energy. She did not speak English and so she's a visitor to this place from Europe or south America I guess.
 Below is another part of the beautiful La Jolla beaches
 Below are the sea lions and seals basking in the sun...close by are swimmers and walkers like me

Below is a spotted squirrel. I have seen black and brown squirrels in Canada and striped ones in India but this is first time I am seeing spotted squirrels (at San Diego's Balboa park). This is supposed to be the spotted ground squirrel, found in Mexico and these regions.
 Below is one of the many snaps of La Jolla beach a city near San Diego. I loved the beaches here...lots of swimmers around and believe it or not, people were swimming close to sea lions and seals nearby, basking in the sun! I can spend a life time on these beaches...beautiful, calm & peaceful with amazing flora and fauna...birds such as pelicans, cormorants, sea creatures such as sea-lions and seals for company!
 Below is a plant I saw at Cabrillo National Monument near San Diego. I loved the red fruit and white flowers of this unknown plant...the photo does not do justice to the redness of the fruit!
 Below is a snap of the beach...these were really interesting seashells...tiny and gave a beautiful, jewelled texture to the beach. Now I am a decent adult and I did not pick  a single one as all of them were alive. They also have a thready thing floating away from the shell


Below is a cliff by the sea in La Jolla. I enjoyed walking here. If you go to San Diego, please visit La Jolla. I found the beach very hot in San Diego i.e. the beach near the famous Hotel Del Coronado...beautiful but hot. The beaches by La Jolla were more attractive to me.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...