Monday, October 23, 2017

SPANISH VILLAGED ART CENTRE, BALBOA PARK, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, USA

We spent a day at Balboa Park, San Diego which has many attractions within it such as museums, parks, gardens with cactus varieties, rose varieties, botanical building, Japanese garden, etc. I fell in love with the Spanish Village Art centre here, where artists work and also sell their art work. I loved the colors ON the streets and the ambience here!  I loved the colorful cottage-type buildings, the plants and trees around, the benches scattered for visitors to rest and the slow leisurely pace of this place. The day was hot, we roamed  around slowly, walking into each building and observing the artists working and also browsing through their works.  It was like an artist's Utopia to me. However, I do understand that even these artists in this Utopia-like place, have rents to pay, food to put on the table......like artists from any other place.
 In this world, art does not sell as well as it should.
Which makes life a big struggle for most artists.






















No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...