Sunday, March 8, 2020

Day 3 in Hawaii Big Island, Feb 24, '20 Puuhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park

Sunset att one of the sandy beaches of Big Island near Kona


 Everywhere the black volcanic rock and black sand were a vivid contrast to the green of the leaves and shades of yellow and brown grass  growing by the beach





















above are photos from the evening. Below are photos from noon and morning.
 Above my lovely looking and tasty lunch consisting of  raw fish, cheese on a salad base. Below my lovely looking cocktail...lots of restaurants dress the food and drinks they serve with these lovely flowers. This was at Sam Choy on Alii drive. (alii drive road stretches from the sea to top of a mountain! This restaurant was on top of a mountain)



 This beach closeup above is black lava sand and rocks and white broken shells.



 The leaves above in this pic are huge...the same plant and leaves growing in Toronto and other places are less than half the size of these leaves. Many plants, trees and leaves seemed bigger and more colorful though growing in the wild...i.e. not taken care of. The climate and soil of Hawaii is really great for these vegetation.
 This is a lovely Cowrie shell...I did not pick it up as it was alive and moving. I hope I am rewarded for my good behaviour!


 These black things are sea urchins which I photographed when the waves receded for a few brief moments.

 I don't know if these holes are caused by piddocks and shipworms or it's part of the volcanic rock formation.


 These are the flowers used to decorate the food served in restaurants; worn in hair by women (and plastic ones) and made into leis to garland people.











 I had seen this lovely shade of red nuts in Cancun Mexico too. But here I could get a good photo as it was low-hanging.  This tree was in a daycare/nursery near the historical park I visited.





















 The above photos are from a hut which are for tourists to see to get an idea of life long ago.
 I fell in love with this sunny, green place! I could live here forever!


 This is an ancient wall probably built by Kings of volcanic rock.

 Even a bad photographer with a bad camera will only get good photos here!

 white sand on black volcanic path...the white may actually not be sand but seashell debris
 In heaven with my husband!

 Above and below. We could see these large (3-4 inches maybe) colorful fish close to shore! The waters were crystal clear.




























No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...