Sunday, March 8, 2020

Day 8 in Hawaii's Big Island, February 29, 2020 Saturday

Today was our last day in Hawaii's Big Island. Here are a few photos. 
There are colorful birds here which I don't see in Canada where I live.
Here is one of them, a bold guy who came to our table in the seaside restaurant where we had our last Hawaii lunch.



 Beer from Hawaii...I would have loved to take some alcohol for our neighbour from Hawaii (she's kind enough to take care of our cat in our absence). But as we dont have checkin luggage and liqueds are not allowed in carryons.....



 We took one last walk and drive on Ali'i Drive in Kailua-Kona of Big Island. This is a lovely road by the sea. There is the ocean and beaches on one side and shops, restaurants and hotels on the other side.  Above and below are photos from a beach on Alii drive...people reading, relaxing, chatting, swimming, sleeping, on the beach. This to me is a lovely way to live!

 Above are some sea creatures clinging to the rock...could take this snap after the waves left this rock and before the next wave came.
 Above...this is urgently needed in India where I see people using the ocean as a dumping ground!
 Old man and the sea...Hemingway. Above, you see "Old man IN the sea"
 Above and below are Jali mara(mara means tree) or Prosopis Juliflora trees by the beaches in Big Island.
I am always excited when I find plants, trees, birds, animals, etc which I had seen in India, in other places. So I was thrilled to see these Jalu maras  growing in abundance by the beaches. I did not know they can grow in salty sands by the beaches.  I have seen these trees grow in many parts of Karnataka in India. I have always associated this tree with my beloved weaver bird as they nest in these trees (the thorns on the tree make the nests safer from predators).  Hawaii's weather is so much like in my native state. One fantasy of mine is that the weaver birds be brought to Hawaii and they live here. Those nests would look fantastic in these trees by the sea and bring joy to us who see them. But I suppose they would be an alien/invasive species here . Also, they may not get what they need to survive here.
 Below is a view of a mountain with clouds covering its peak.  I felt sad to leave Hawaii, the glorious sunshine, the sea and lovely beaches, the warm and friendly people, the beautiful flowers, plants, delicious fruit, the relaxed atmosphere.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...