Sunday, March 8, 2020

Day 7 in Hawaii's Big Island, February 28, 2020 Friday


I have always admired the photos of coconut trees. But visiting Hawaii, I realized the sad truth behind this beauty. I discovered that these trees are so photogenic because most of their leaves have been cruelly cut! So the few remaining leaves, make them look striking...especially when they sway in the breeze in a stormy background. I am really pissed off by this wanton cutting of leaves. Why do they do it? I was also dismayed to see that majority of the trees had no nuts in them. I refuse to believe that the nuts had been plucked in all these trees. Either the nuts don't grow as the leaves are cut or the nuts are prematurely removed because ? they may fall and cause damage? I don't know but this is such a manipulation of nature for man's own selfish needs.
The only coconut tree I saw with nuts and without its leaves hacked was at the airport. One single treen only ! The remaining coconut trees in the airport were nut-less and also had their leaves hacked off.




 Above...a look at downtown Hilo from the Coconut Island




Above are photos from I think, coconut island in Hilo town of Big Island, Hawaii.

Below are photos from Japanese Garden, near this coconut island, in Hilo in Big Island.














If the Japanese garden were 
much bigger, (say 500  acres) 
without tar (asphalt) roads,
 if no buildings were visible from the garden,
 if no traffic were allowed and no traffic sounds could be heard when in this garden, 
it would have been even more serene and conducive to contemplation.

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...