Friday, June 12, 2020

June 12, 2020 :Another perfect day!

Had decided yesterday to go to Scarborough Bluffs early morning to photograph the sunrise.
As it usually happens, woke late and reached the Bluffs at 7, long after the sun had risen.
The place was quiet with just 6 people(of whom, 2 were me and my husband) walking on the beach by the bluffs.Took some photos, though I had photographed this place several times!

 Collected red pebbles which may be either stones or bricks worn out by the lake. I am not sure what I will do with them but picked them up anyway!  {I had seen a rectangular, wonderfully rusted iron planter with  sea-brick (brick pieces worn and rounded by the waters) which contrasted beautifully with the green plants growing in it. I thought of doing something similar...but with a brick-red clay planter.}

We then drove further east, and discovered another beach and more Bluff formations! I cannot believe I have been here for several years, visited the Scarborough Bluffs so many times and yet not seen this part of the Bluffs, beach and forest-like area. This too had very few people and the best part of this beach was the forest area. I saw 2 rabbits sitting still in the greens! There was a cacophony of birds here and I think bird-watchers would love this place. I spotted a cardinal couple (The male looked redder and bigger than the cardinals I have seen in my backyard...it is a different species of cardinal or am I just thinking it's redder due to the background of vivid  green leaves in  sunlight?) in the trees, a bright yellow finch and black bird with orange tipped wings. I see these birds even in my place in East York but here the sound of birds was loud, cheerful and continuous.

We drove back on Brimley to Kingston  road and drove a bit east  and south again to check  the houses near the Bluffs ...to admire and envy!

We returned home. The husband made dosa and I made chutney and after this tasty breakfast, I took my long-suffering cat to the backyard for it's morning walk...at 9.30 am  instead of the usual 6 am.
I believe this day was so perfect because: (a) the temperature was perfect. Not hot and not cold. It was a balmy 16 degree celsius (b) no crowds at all in the Bluffs. (c) no traffic on the roads (d) working from home and no online office meetings for either of us today. (e) Dosa and chutney for breakfast! (f) the weekend to look forward to tomorrow! (g) Time to do what I like the rest of this beautiful day!

I am writing this at 11am...there is still plenty of time today for things to get jinxed...I pray the rest of the day goes by as fine as this morning.

Below are a few photos from today's outing.








All photos above are part of the Bluffs east of Brimley street...I had not seen this before. Below is the Ontario Lake beach, below the Bluffs.







 The photos above are of a stream flowing from the Bluffs into the Lake. I could not take a photo of the entire stream...from the top of the Bluffs into the lake. (to do that, I would have to stand in the lake...)That would have been awesome!

The photos below are the Bluffs, west of Brimley....where we usually go.










I saw this packet of what I think is "weed", floating  in the lake...belongs to some unlucky soul I suppose!






No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...