Sunday, October 18, 2020

Oct 18, 2020 Kensington market

 I did it again! The same mistake once again!

I googled 'things to do in Toronto today'   and saw ...."Book sale...Kensington Market...18th October...buy a book while supporting a cause!..." and so on and so forth. We rush off to Kensington and what do we see? No books, no book sale, nothing. Then I realized that this has been cancelled due to COVID but the folks in charge have not bothered to take it off the internet.

I did the same thing another sunday in summer when we rushed off to Nathan Phillips Square for some festival or the other which had been cancelled but not taken off the internet.

As usual, I clicked a few photos. This time, I saw a few really dark graffiti...the artists must have been bitter and angry with the way things have gone this year I suppose.





















Above: three broken pieces of concrete, lying on the pavement too had  artwork on them!


I wonder what immense treasure lies behind this graffiti-covered door, with, not one,  not two, not three but four locks on it!



Above and below...seats on the pavement...silver color metal, shaped like bark-covered round wood slices. These were outside a wine shop I believe.







I wonder if there is some meaning behind the gradually closed off face above and below, ot it's 'just' art.







Check out Marcus Garvey on google. Andre Alexander mentioned by name in the grafiti on Spadina near Kensington Market was a graffiti artist, killed by a hit and run driver. Damn her!


Above and below...Is this art done by a native Canadian?





Above...he makes me laugh, he makes me cringe!
That's all for today folks.
Please check out Kensington market for one of a kind coffee shops, restaurants and creative, entrepreneurial  people before gentrification and rising costs push them out and destroy the ambience, unique to this part of the city. 

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...